Each year, more than 2,000 community-owned utilities, like Westby Utilities, across the nation observe Public Power Week during the first full week of October. Public Power Week is a celebration of these not-for-profit electric utilities that proudly serve the electric power needs of about 40 million Americans - or almost 15 percent of electricity consumers.
Every public power system is different due to its community's population, geography, climate, natural resources, economy, and local government structure. However, all public power systems have in common their purpose: to provide adequate, reliable, not-for-profit electricity at a reasonable price with proper protection of the environment.
2021 Public Power Week!
Congratulations Public Power Week Winners!
* EGO Power+ Select Cut Battery Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Kit:
* Char-Broil Patio Bistro Electric Grill: Jeff Manke
* Honeywell Smart/Touch Screen Programmable Thermostat: Margaret Veum
* $50 Gift Certificate for Nordic Lanes: Cindy Langhus
* $50 Gift Certificate for Dregne’s Scandinavian Gifts: Cleone Benson
The winner of our utility guessing game is Tom Olson with a guess of $98.35.
Actual amount $98.64.